But is it possible to create a tool that fill the requirements?
Currently, E-Learning has been gaining ground within the portfolios of human resources companies, this is because it is up to the needs of both students and companies and educational institutions.
Ana Mena, E-Learning Product Manager at STT Group, states that “the success of an e-learning platform is determined by the user: the recurrence of use and satisfaction; the amount of content consumed and its permanence on the platform; the user experience and significant learning”.
Therefore, in order to develop and design a quality software or E-learning platform, the following aspects must be taken into account
1. Visual Appeal: The visual design must be clean and attractive. Its use must be easy, intuitive and accessible.
2. Roadmap: The path of learning: All learning solutions start from the same premise: Where are you? and where do you want to go?
In terms of training, this is one of the basic foundations for creating a comprehensive tool that includes the ideal path for the participants enrolled in the course. The topics must have a logical and planned sequence to ensure learning.
3. Didactics: The material must be completely pedagogical, formative and oriented to offer a technological solution.
The advantages offered by technology can be used in the manipulation of time (being able to pause, advance or return in the course), concrete, attractive and relevant information, visual content and divided into capsules (microlearning); as well as support materials that reinforce knowledge (downloadable).
4. User Motivation: This refers to the inclusion of game-like elements in the technology to encourage their use and provide average badge recognition.
This does not mean that a video game has to be created, but rather that people should be encouraged through elements that show their progress in the course and retain them to continue advancing in it.
5. Social Elements: E-learning platforms should encourage human interaction through the implementation of discussion and collaboration forums called Social Learning.
This breaks the myth that this type of learning does not encourage active participation with peers and experts in the field.
6. Mobile Use: Learning platforms must allow users to create their own learning ecosystem called Mobile Learning; that is, they can study where they prefer.
Mobility, through the use of different devices, is one of the biggest trends today, so training and education cannot be left behind. An e-learning platform that adapts to mobile devices is a platform that adapts to users and their learning habits.
7. Chatbot: Its integration within the platform is ideal, which can be programmed with Artificial Intelligence, so that if the user has a query, the answer he gets is immediate.
8. SSL Certificate: Its use is vital for data protection and encrypted information.
E-Learning is providing a competitive advantage to many companies, thanks to the opportunity to keep their professionals up to date, adapting to changes in the market and in their business sector; at STT Group, we offer this service with a high level of quality that will allow you to move forward hand in hand with the era of Globalization.